The following information is from the ITS JPO Connected Vehicle Pilot Program. Please click on of the more information links in each category to be directed to the ITS JPO page detailing this category, including application descriptions, and the supporting documentation.
- Red Light Violation Warning
- Curve Speed Warning
- Stop Sign Gap Assist
- Spot Weather Impact Warning
- Reduced Speed/Work Zone Warning
- Pedestrian in Signalized Crosswalk Warning (Transit)
More information on V2I Safety applications can be found here.
- Emergency Electronic Brake Lights (EEBL)
- Forward Collision Warning (FCW)
- Intersection Movement Assist (IMA)
- Left Turn Assist (LTA)
- Blind Spot/Lane Change Warning (BSW/LCW)
- Do Not Pass Warning (DNPW)
- Vehicle Turning Right in Front of Bus Warning (Transit)
More information on V2V Safety applications can be found here.
- Probe-based Pavement Maintenance
- Probe-enabled Traffic Monitoring
- Vehicle Classification-based Traffic Studies
- CV-enabled Turning Movement & Intersection Analysis
- CV-enabled Origin-Destination Studies
- Work Zone Traveler Information
More information on Agency Data applications can be found here.
- Eco-Approach and Departure at Signalized Intersections
- Eco-Traffic Signal Timing
- Eco-Traffic Signal Priority
- Connected Eco-Driving
- Wireless Inductive/Resonance Charging
- Eco-Lanes Management
- Eco-Speed Harmonization
- Eco-Cooperative Adaptive Cruise Control
- Eco-Traveler Information
- Eco-Ramp Metering
- Low Emissions Zone Management
- AFV Charging / Fueling Information
- Eco-Smart Parking
- Dynamic Eco-Routing (light vehicle, transit, freight)
- Eco-ICM Decision Support System
More information on this category can be found here.
- Motorist Advisories and Warnings (MAW)
- Enhanced MDSS
- Vehicle Data Translator (VDT)
- Weather Response Traffic Information (WxTINFO)
More information on Road Weather applications can be found here.
- Advanced Traveler Information System
- Intelligent Traffic Signal System (I-SIG)
- Signal Priority (transit, freight)
- Mobile Accessible Pedestrian Signal System (PED-SIG)
- Emergency Vehicle Preemption (PREEMPT)
- Dynamic Speed Harmonization (SPD-HARM)
- Queue Warning (Q-WARN)
- Cooperative Adaptive Cruise Control (CACC)
- Incident Scene Pre-Arrival Staging Guidance for Emergency Responders (RESP-STG)
- Incident Scene Work Zone Alerts for Drivers and Workers (INC-ZONE)
- Emergency Communications and Evacuation (EVAC)
- Connection Protection (T-CONNECT)
- Dynamic Transit Operations (T-DISP)
- Ridesharing Dynamic (D-RIDE)
- Freight-Specific Dynamic Travel Planning and Performance
- Drayage Optimization
More information on Mobility applications can be found here.
- Wireless Inspection
- Smart Truck Parking
More information on Smart Roadside applications can be found here.