This business case primer provides the "who, what, when and how" to successfully communicate the business case for TSM&O. It is intended to help practitioners communicate messages about the value and benefits of TSM&O so that key decision makers and peers will actively support TSM&O implementation and integration within their agency.
Three basic steps will allow you to communicate successfully:
- Identify target audiences and reasons to implement TSM&O that resonate with each
- Learn about opportunities for communication—informal and formal
- Prepare to deliver the message whenever the opportunity is available
- Specific messages organized by audience type (decision makers, implementers, travelers) and problem/issue
- Effective communication messages from agencies and organizations that support TSM&O Summaries of communication messages, facts, and sound bites by audience and sub-audiences
- Summaries of communication messages, facts, and sound bites by audience and sub-audiences