Start Date: March 22, 2018 at 1:00 pm EDT | End: March 22, 2018 at 2:30 pm EDT
Our transportation agencies are on the cutting edge of Information Technology with Connected & Autonomous Vehicles, Integrated & Active Corridors, Software Applications, and Multiple Networks. It has never been more critical to properly define and understand the basics of a Cyber Security Program. With the understanding of the basics of cybersecurity and cybersecurity tools and processes for DOTs in part 1 and part 2 of this webinar series, part 3 will focus on national cooperative cybersecurity efforts.
There are various organizations, research projects and initiatives taking place to provide frameworks, practices and resources around transportation management cybersecurity. This webinar will feature presentations and updates from the task force to create a cybersecurity framework, a NCHRP project for TMC and field device cybersecurity and other non-transportation initiatives within cybersecurity that are applicable to transportation operations
- Cybersecurity framework
- Cybersecurity practices and resources
- Risk mitigation for cyber-attacks on the field side of traffic management systems
- Daniel Zajac, Principal Investigator on NCHRP Project 03-127 Cybersecurity of Traffic Management Systems
- Marisa Ramon, Principal Investigator on NCHRP Project 03-127 Cybersecurity of Traffic Management Systems
- Siva Narla, Institute of Transportation Engineers, Transportation Technology Senior Director
- Raymond Resendes, U.S. Department of Transportation Volpe National Transportation Systems Center, Expert Research Analyst
This webinar is intended for State and local/city transportation agency as well as private sector personnel who are directly involved with Cybersecurity, Information Technology (IT), and Operational Technology (OT) in the transportation industry. Additionally, this webinar is intended for transportation officials and managers who are interested in learning more about cybersecurity risks and solutions.
Event Type: Webinar
Organizational Capability Element: Technical Understanding
Operations Area of Practice: Transportation Management Centers (TMC / TOC), Cyber security, Continuity of Operations, Infrastructure Protection