February 22, 2018 from 1:00 pm – 2:30 pm EST
With the understanding of the basics of cybersecurity risks and protections and how it applies to IT and OT, we recognize that there are tools that can be used to assist and maintain a defense-in-depth posture. The tools that are available to assist today are great improvements for DOT and are the necessary incremental steps in protecting our infrastructure. Implementing and operating the environment with these tools will also need to complemented by reviewing, revising and complying with the current practice of organizational cybersecurity policies. This webinar will provide an overview of what is available and what can be done today and to enable traffic systems to be trusted with the added new risk points of connected and autonomous vehicles.
- Understanding of the basics of cybersecurity OT risks and how they differ from, and expand upon, the IT risks.
- Why both OT and IT Cybersecurity are important
- Understanding of how cybersecurity protection applies holistically to Information Technology and Operational Technology
- Rick Tiene-Mission Secure, Vice President, Government and Critical Infrastructure
- Tom Burgoon-Skyline Technology Solutions, Business Development
This webinar is intended for State and local/city transportation agency as well as private sector personnel who are directly involved with Cybersecurity, Information Technology (IT), and Operational Technology (OT) in the transportation industry. Additionally, this webinar is intended for transportation officials and managers who are interested in learning more about cybersecurity risks and solutions.
Organizational Capability Element:
- Technical Understanding
Operations Area of Practice:
- Transportation Management Centers (TMC / TOC)
- Cyber security
- Continuity of Operations
- Infrastructure Protection