Start Date: February 08, 2018 at 1:00 pm EDT | End: February 08, 2018 at 2:30 pm EDT
Our transportation agencies are on the cutting edge of Information Technology with Connected & Autonomous Vehicles, Integrated & Active Corridors, Software Applications, and Multiple Networks. It has never been more critical to properly define and understand the basics of a Cyber Security Program. Every agency should be clear on why is it important? How are they exposed? What are the risks? How IT and Cyber Security work together? What are the available resources? Who needs to be engaged and when? How to develop a program?
The first step is to understand the Why, What and How of Cyber Security.
This is the first of three webinars that will be hosted by the NOCoE on cybersecurity.
- Why should a transportation agency be concerned about Cyber Security
- What is and is not Cyber Security
- What Resources are available today
- How to create and maintain a Cyber Security program
- Rick Tiene-Mission Secure, Vice President, Government and Critical Infrastructure
- Tom Burgoon-Skyline Technology Solutions, Business Development
Over the last 8 years Tom has worked with Federal, State, County, and Local transportation agencies around the country to design, implement and maintain cutting edge IT network solutions. Tom’s work has included developing video sharing programs for eight states, developing mobile platform solutions for safety patrol vehicles and snow plows, automated video downloads for buses and training, Platform as a Service solutions to support statewide solutions, and fiber network design and maintenance programs.
- Laura Gomez-Martin – Skyline Technology Solutions, Cyber Security Compliance Advisor
- Chip Stewart – Skyline Technology Solutions, Senior Network Engineering
This webinar is intended for State and local/city transportation agency as well as private sector personnel who are directly involved with Cybersecurity, Information Technology (IT), and Operational Technology (OT) in the transportation industry. Additionally, this webinar is intended for transportation officials and managers who are interested in learning more about cybersecurity risks and solutions.
Event Type: Webinar
Organizational Capability Element: Technical Understanding
Operations Area of Practice: Transportation Management Centers (TMC / TOC), Cyber security, Continuity of Operations, Infrastructure Protection