This webinar is part of the Traffic Management Center Pooled Fund Study project to share information on traffic management system (TMS) emerging topics. The webinar will present and discuss how traveler direct messages may help staff in traffic management centers identify, locate and verify incidents and stranded motorists located outside of traffic management system coverages areas. This webinar will highlight current practices for locating incidents outside of system coverage areas, operational challenges, and how traveler direct messaging may improve detecting and responding to incidents. Lessons learned and experiences from two agencies will be shared.
- Ali Farhangi, Moderator, Virginia DOT
- Les Jacobson, LNJ Transportation Consulting
- Dolores Uttero, Georgia DOT
- Jose Dios, New Jersey Turnpike Authority
The intent of this webinar is to introduce the concept of traveler direct messaging, briefly describe its potential use and benefits, and raise awareness of issues to consider when investigating its potential adoption and use.
- State and Local Departments of Transportation
- Traffic Management Center Management
- State and Local Law Enforcement
- Other individuals responsible or interested in traffic and incident management practices.