September 10, 2020 from 2:00 pm – 4:00 pm EDT
The TMC PFS and FHWA jointly sponsored the development of the TMC Performance Measures and Health Index of ITS Assets technical report. This report highlights examples of goals and performance measures that help define an ITS Asset Management plan. The webinar will also discuss ITS assets, their data types and practices of managing this data. Centralizing the collection of data on all assets into one repository, performing Life Cycle Analysis, and developing Obsolescence Plans to replace obsolete assets is addressed. Dashboards used by several State DOTs as visualization tools to report on the condition of assets have been included. This report and additional information on the TMC PFS will be available electronically at https://tmcpfs.ops.fhwa.dot.gov/completedproj.htm. Additional resources and information can be found on the NOCoE traffic management systems portal at: https://transportationops.org/traffic-management-systems-and-centers.
This webinar will explore successful practices in ITS asset management such as defining goals, objectives, data sources, and performance measures. Data management and data visualization examples, useful for monitoring the health and performance of ITS assets within the TMC and in the field, will also be provided.
After participating in this webinar, attendees will be able to:
- Identify possible goals of an ITS asset management plan.
- List possible performance measures for assessing the conditions of different assets.
- Identify potential data sources for assessing the condition of different assets.
- List possible activities of an ITS Asset Management effort.
Staff involved in operations of TMCs and life cycle planning including deploying, maintaining and replacing ITS assets that support and improve TMC capabilities.
Jon Obenberger (FHWA)
- Rodney Schilling (Nevada DOT)
- Dan Lukasik (Parsons)
- Lashonn Ford and James Whalen (NDOT)
- Emily Dwyer (GDOT)
Organizational Capability Element:
- Asset Management
Operations Area of Practice:
- Transportation Management Centers (TMC / TOC)
- Life Cycle Asset Management
- Performance Management
- System Performance Definition, Monitoring and Reporting