This webinar will explore existing practices and opportunities for coordinating operations and safety programs, projects, and plans within transportation agencies. Speakers from two State departments of transportation (DOTs) and one metropolitan planning organization (MPO) will provide insights from experience in linking safety and operations. The webinar will highlight opportunities for leveraging operations and safety programs and activities for mutual benefit.
By linking safety and operations more intentionally, agencies can increase the value from transportation investments, maximize safety and mobility performance, and determine the most effective strategies to achieve goals.
- Identify and explore existing practices and opportunities for considering operations and safety more holistically.
- Learn how State DOTs and MPOs are linking safety and operations effectively in planning and/or implementation activities.
- Jocelyn Bauer, Leidos
- Jim Hunt, Federal Highway Administration
- Anyesha Mookherjee, Federal Highway Administration
- Michelle May, Ohio DOT
- Jim Windsor and George Williams, Arizona DOT
- Eric Hill, MetroPlan Orlando
State, regional, and local transportation agencies interested in advancing operations and safety in their organizations. This includes managers and staff in the areas of operations, planning, project development, program management, and safety.