January 24, 2019 from 1:00 pm – 2:30 pm EST
This webinar will explore the relationship between ATSPM, adaptive signal control systems and SPaT/connected vehicle applications. ATSPM is a simple and effective approach to monitor the performance of adaptive signal control systems in an objective manner. With the introduction of SPaT and connected vehicle integration on the horizon, ATSPM techniques can help agencies determine the effectiveness of these applications in increasing arrivals on green, increasing vehicle throughput, or other relevant traffic signal program objectives.
- Aleks Stevanovic, Florida Atlantic University is an Associate Professor of the Department of Civil, Environmental and Geomatics Engineering and Director of the Laboratory of Adaptive Traffic Operations and Management (LATOM) at the Florida Atlantic University.
- Justin Effinger is a traffic signal engineer with the Lake County Division of Transportation (LCDOT) and manages the LCDOT’s ATSPM system. Previously he was the lead traffic signal engineer for the Wisconsin DOT Southeast Region (Milwaukee metropolitan area).
- April Wire and Faisal Saleem are respectively the ITS Project Manager and ITS Branch Manager with the Maricopa County Department of Transportation. April’s primary focus is ATSPM and Adaptive control; while Faisal among other management responsibilities also oversees the Connected Vehicle program.
- Eddie Curtis, FHWA manages the Office of Operations' Arterial Management program.
- Charles Lattimer is a project director with ATKINS, A Member of the SNC-Lavalin Group and leads program support for the FHWA Every Day Counts 4 ATSPM Technology Initiative.
Registration Link for Phone Based Audio Connection and email updates:
(You do not need to register if you plan to join online only) https://collaboration.fhwa.dot.gov/dot/fhwa/WC/Lists/Seminars/DispForm.aspx?ID=1822
Day of event - Link to join Web Conference: https://connectdot.connectsolutions.com/sr500xatspm/ (online access only on day of event with IP based Audio, you must register if you would like to connect your audio via phone)