May 05, 2017 at 12:30 pm EDT
June 06, 2017 at 12:30 pm EDT
This course is designed to help you understand the benefits of creating an open and accessible data archive of your agency’s data. It will also explain the challenges you might face in trying to make your agency’s data more open and available to others, and ways in which you can mitigate those challenges. After showing you some real-world examples of how data can be leveraged for better decision making and analysis, we’ll discuss the pros and cons of building your very own archive, leveraging technologies that others have developed, or paying a consultant to help you with your archiving needs.
All course materials are on-line but students have access to course instructors through pre-scheduled conference calls. Cost is $250; FREE for U.S. local, state, regional, metropolitan, and Federal government agencies! - use sponsor code PCB in the payment section when you register @ http://www.citeconsortium.
Upon completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- Communicate the business cases for archiving data
- Understand the importance of visual analytic s in making your archive more valuable
- Identify real-world use-cases for leveraging archives for better decision making
- Evaluate the pros and cons of different archive implementation strategies
Organizational Capability Element:
- Evaluation of Operations Strategies