January 29, 2019 from 2:00 pm – 3:30 pm EST
The AASHTO CTSO Community of Practice on Road Weather Management promotes the implementation of RWM solutions and strategies that minimize the impact of weather events on transportation system operations. This webinar is intended to create outreach and awareness of the CoP on RWM in the transportation community and initiate a forum for discussion of existing and emerging RWM practices (i.e. tools, technologies, strategies) and resources (i.e. state-of-the-practice, training/workshops/webinars, reports, guidelines, deployment/pooled-fund programs, and websites).
- Understand the CoP on RWM Strategic Purpose, Mission, Strategic Areas of Focus, current RWM strategies, developments, and deployment initiatives/innovations.
- Create an open dialog as to what the CoP on RWM is and the availability of information that’s out there and how it can be leveraged for the CTSO CoP on RWM working group and other working groups within the committee.
- Create the TSMO365 Weather Elements. What improvements and/or elements are needed for an “All-weather CTSO?”
- Let others know they can volunteer to be part of the CTSO - COP on RWM and what is the role and responsibility of the committee.
- Ask for a volunteer state DOT CoP on RWM vice-chair.
- Steve Cook (Michigan DOT),
- Paul Pisano and Roemer Alfelor (FHWA),
- Rick Nelson (AASHTO SICOP coordinator)
Members of CTSO, State DOTs, FHWA, and internal/external weather communities.
Organizational Capability Element:
- Road Weather Management