The Talking TIM webinar series, brought to you by the Federal Highway Administration (FHWA), provides a forum where TIM champions with any level of experience can exchange information about current practices, programs, and technologies. Each month, the FHWA TIM Program Team will feature content that highlights successful programs, identifies best practices, and showcases technology that advances the profession. Topics and presenters for this webinar include:
- The International Association of Fire Chiefs (IAFC) Role in TIM – Chief Norris Croom III, IAFC EMS Section Director, will highlight IAFC’s role in TIM and challenges in the practice of TIM among fire and rescue personnel as a part of the "Meet the Executive Leadership Group" series.
- Digital Alert Pilots in St Louis and Kansas City – Ashley M. Buechter, Traffic Liaison Engineer at Missouri DOT, will highlight two different tools to notify travelers of response activity using the Waze platform. She will also summarize their State Transportation Innovation Council Grant Process.
- FHWA Every Day Counts Round Six (EDC-6) NextGen TIM Overview –FHWA experts will provide an overview of resources available through the NextGen TIM program, and how you can participate.
The FHWA TIM program managers, Paul Jodoin and Jim Austrich, also provide news associated with other FHWA initiatives. For more information regarding this series, please reach out to Paul Jodoin or Jim Austrich. To download presentations from previous webinars or to view previous webinars, please visit FHWA's Talking TIM Webinar Series hosted by NOCoE.
Chief Norris Croom (own of Castle Rock (CO) Fire and Rescue Department): Chief Norris W. Croom III, EFO, CEMSO, CFO currently serves as the Fire Chief and Emergency Manager for the Town of Castle Rock (CO) Fire and Rescue Department, an internationally accredited agency through the Commission on Fire Accreditation International. He has been with the Department for over thirty-four years, has been a member of the IAFC since 1998, and currently serves on the Board of Directors representing the EMS Section. Chief Norris Croom also served on the State of Colorado Governor’s Task Force on First Responder Safety on Roadways, and has worked with ARA in Littleton, Colorado on the development of the Automated Driver and Responder Alert System (ADRAS).
Ashley Buechter (Missouri DOT): Ashley Buechter, P.E., works for the Missouri Department of Transportation in the Central Office Highway Safety & Traffic Division. She joined the Department of Transportation in June 2006 after receiving her Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering from the University of Missouri-Columbia in May 2006. Ashley currently serves as a Traffic Liaison Engineer overseeing statewide initiatives for Transportation Systems Management & Operations (TSMO). This includes management of freeways, arterials, and work zones. She is also a licensed Professional Engineer in the State of Missouri.
Operations Area of Practice
- Traffic Incident Management
Organizational Capability Element
- Traffic Incident Management
Intro Slides-Talking TIM Jan 2021.pdf (281.94 KB)
Training Update Slides-Talking TIM Jan 2021.pdf (651.04 KB)
IAFC Slides-Talking TIM Jan 2021.pdf (523.23 KB)
MODOT Slides-Talking TIM Jan 2021.pdf (1.05 MB)