We are excited to be in Detroit this week for ITS America 2018 where we’ve noticed an abundance of conversations around TSMO, including quite a few sessions specifically focused on improving the transportation system with operations. A few sessions we are excited about include:
- SS12: Connecting the Way We Plan and Deliver Transportation with Emerging Technologies (Tuesday, 10:00am – 11:15am) featuring our Board Vice Chair Laurie Matkowski, Gannett Fleming and our Managing Director, Patrick Son.
- SS19: Lessons Learned from Early V2I Deployments (Tuesday, 3:30pm – 4:45pm) moderated by Patrick Son, with leaders from agencies deploying V2I systems using DSRC and discussing the SPaT Challenge.
- State DOT Roundtable (Tuesday, 3:30pm) featuring two of our Board Members, Jennifer Cohan, Secretary, Delaware DOT and Roger Millar, Secretary, Washington DOT.
- SS02: Challenges We Will Face as we Define the Transportation System . . . Again! (Wednesday, 10:15am – 11:30am) featuring our Board Chair, Jennifer Cohan in an important discussion on the coming transformation in transportation and the big questions we are facing.
- SS04: Using TSMO to Successfully Integrate and Utilize Emerging Technologies (Wednesday, 10:15am – 11:30am) featuring our Technical Advisory Chair, Tony Kratofil, and Technical Advisory Committee member, Brad Freeze addressing how transportation agencies can use a holistic TSMO program as a vehicle for connected and automated vehicles and other emerging technologies.
- Use of CAV Data to Aid Traffic Incident Management (Wednesday, 2:30pm – 3:45pm) moderated by Tony Kratofil, this session will discuss how first responders can leverage the enormous amount of data from CAVs to assist in crash identification, response, and re-creation.
Check out all these sessions and events, follow us on twitter to see where we are at this week, and let us know about the session you’re excited about!