This webinar spotlights the use of two newer data sources: vehicle-based video analytics and connected vehicle data. Featured are practitioners from the Regional Transportation Commission of Southern Nevada and the Maricopa Association of Governments in Arizona. Complementing the practitioner perspectives will be representatives from their data and analytics providers, Nexar and Wejo, respectively.
Greg Jones, FHWA Office of Operations and EDC-6 Crowdsourcing Initiative Co-lead
- Using Nexar Data for Real-Time Work Zone Management — John Peñuelas, Jr., Senior Director of Engineering at Regional Transportation Commission (RTC) of Southern Nevada, will spotlight how they use this data for work zone and lane closure detection.
- Nexar Overview — Brandon Long, Public Sector Director at Nexar, will provide broader information on their data sources, features, and uses.
- Using Wejo Data for Monitoring, Safety, and Planning — Wang Zhang, Transportation Data Program Manager at Maricopa Association of Governments (MAG), will spotlight how they use this data for travel and congestion studies, performance measures, model validation, and other uses.
- Wejo Overview — Andrew Wollet and Gareth Evans will provide broader information on their data sources, features, and uses.
- Transportation systems management and operations (TSMO) executives, managers, and practitioners
- Work Zone Management professionals
- Traffic Incident Management professionals
- Transportation Planners and Modelers
- Performance-focused operations personnel
- Traffic Management Center (TMC) managers
- Learn how public agencies are leveraging new crowdsourced data to improve operations, safety, and planning.
- Learn about new resources and support available through the FHWA EDC-6 Crowdsourcing innovation to help agencies derive even greater safety, reliability, and cost-savings benefits from crowdsourced data.