With a focus on the people they're serving, government agencies are embracing an approach called Design Thinking that helps them create human-centered products, services, and processes. Design Thinking is about the way organizations ask questions and focus on end-users in the problem solving (design) process. Join us to learn how transportation agencies have used Design Thinking to achieve desired outcomes. We will have speakers and examples of Design Thinking being used in DOTs from Idaho, Colorado and Utah DOTs Engage with the speakers who have implemented Design Thinking as they suggest ways in which design thinking can be applied to TSMO activities.
- Learn about a new method for creativity and innovation.
- Understand how a human-centered approach can improve products, services and processes.
- Initiate a dialog on how Design Thinking can be incorporated into the TSMO practice.
- Patrick Son, NOCoE
- Charlene McArthur, Idaho Transportation Department
- Gary Vansuch, Colorado Department of Transportation
- Nathan Lee, Utah Department of Transportation
Role in Organization
- Associate Engineer
- CEO / GM / Commissioner
- Director / Program Manager
- Principal Engineer
- Senior Engineer
Design Thinking Pdf.pdf (2.73 MB)