The Talking TIM webinar series brings to your desk the great and varied work happening on the ground and around the country in traffic incident management. Topics touch on issues of relevance for TIM executives, managers, operators, and responders. Be sure to tune in to each session for ideas, tools, and resources to support and advance safe and quick clearance of roadway incidents. The series is sponsored by the Federal Highway Administration in cooperation with the National Operations Center of Excellence.
The May 2019 Talking TIM webinar will feature the SHRP2 National TIM Responder Training Program Quarterly Update. The agenda is as follows:
SHRP2 National TIM Responder Training Program Quarterly Update
Jim Austrich, FHWA SHRP2 TIM Responder Training Program Manager: Jim After Jim joined USDOT/FHWA’s Office of Transportation Operations in July of 2013 where he is responsible for the Strategic Highway Research Program (SHRP2) National Traffic Incident Management (TIM) Responder Training Program and now broader TIM programs. Jim works with a team of other nationally recognized subject matter expert professionals in the field of incident/emergency management and planned special events. His affiliations are many and he is a good friend of the National TIM community. During his ten year tenure with District of Columbia, Department of Transportation (DDOT), and Jim served as the Acting Chief of the Work Zones and Public Safety Branch (WZPS), which he established in 2001. As Acting Chief of WZPS his team was responsible for review and approval of traffic control plans for occupancy of public space in the District. In 2004, Jim was promoted as the Program Manager for newly constructed 24/7 DDOT Traffic Management Center (TMC) and Roadway Operations Patrol (ROP) Incident Response Team. As the Systems Operations Branch Chief, Jim gained extensive experience in the Traffic Incident Management (TIM), Emergency Management and Planned Special Events (PSE) arena. In August of 2009, Jim joined the DC Metropolitan Police Department’s (MPDC) Homeland Security Bureau, Special Operations Division, overseeing the departments three million dollar Highway Safety Grant through DDOT and the National Highway Transportation Safety Administration (NHTSA) and was the department’s TIM Coordinator/Subject Matter Expert. Jim’s passion for Traffic Incident/Emergency Management, Intelligent Transportation Systems and Highway Safety as a whole is well known.
- National TIM Responder Training Program Implementation Progress Report
- Executive Leadership Group Update
- National TIM Responder Training Program Post-Course Assessment Tool Results Summary
- Training Materials Update
David Bryson and Jonathan Krohmer, National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) Office of EMS
- Commission on Accreditation for Pre-Hospital Continuing Education (CAPCE) Partnership
Annual 2019 TIM Capability Maturity Self-Assessment Kick-Off
- Paul Jodoin, FHWA Traffic Incident Management(TIM) Program Manager FHWA Office of Transportation Operations/U.S Department of transportation. Mr. Jodoin has served as the TIM Program Manager for FHWA for the last seven years is also the program manager for the FHWA Every Day Counts Round Four (EDC4) Innovation, Using Data to Improve TIM. Prior to joining FHWA, he worked for 38 years at the Massachusetts Department of Transportation as the manager of the Highway Operations Center and was instrumental in starting their traffic incident management program.
- Rebecca Brewster, American Transportation Research Institute: Rebecca M. Brewster is President and Chief Operating Officer of the American Transportation Research Institute (ATRI). ATRI is the trucking industry’s not-for-profit research organization, whose mission is research to improve the trucking industry’s safety and productivity. Rebecca is the recipient of several awards including Fleet Owner magazine’s 2016 Dozen Outstanding Women in Trucking, the 2013 Influential Woman in Trucking award and the 2010 J.R. Bob Halladay award given by the 50 State Trucking Associations. Rebecca has been with ATRI for over 25 years. Prior to that, she was the Public and Governmental Affairs Director for the Cary, North Carolina Chamber of Commerce and a Fleet Analyst with Moen, Inc. Rebecca has a B.A. in English from Wofford College and she is a Fellow of the North Carolina Institute of Political Leadership. Rebecca is married to Kevin Brewster and they have two sons, T.C. (20), and Eric (15). The Brewsters live in Marietta, Georgia.
TIM: From School House to Institutionalization
- Captain J.O. “Bear” Wilson, Houston Fire Department
Operations Area of Practice
- Traffic Incident Management
Organizational Capability Element
- Traffic Incident Management
Role in Organization
- Associate Engineer
- CEO / GM / Commissioner
- Director / Program Manager
- Principal Engineer
- Senior Engineer
SA 2019 Training Webinar FINAL Jodoin.pdf (822.16 KB)