This webinar provides information on the use of two newer data sources: vehicle-based video analytics and connected vehicle data. Featured are practitioners from the Regional Transportation Commission of Southern Nevada and the Maricopa Association of Governments in Arizona. Complementing the practitioner perspectives will be representatives from their data and analytics providers, Nexar and Wejo, respectively.
Greg Jones, FHWA Office of Operations and EDC-6 Crowdsourcing Initiative Co-lead
- Using Nexar Data for Real-Time Work Zone Management — John Peñuelas, Jr., Senior Director of Engineering at Regional Transportation Commission (RTC) of Southern Nevada, will spotlight how they use this data for work zone and lane closure detection.
- Nexar Overview — Brandon Long, Public Sector Director at Nexar, will provide broader information on their data sources, features, and uses.
- Using Wejo Data for Monitoring, Safety, and Planning — Wang Zhang, Transportation Data Program Manager at Maricopa Association of Governments (MAG), will spotlight how they use this data for travel and congestion studies, performance measures, model validation, and other uses.
- Wejo Overview — Andrew Wollet and Gareth Evans will provide broader information on their data sources, features, and uses.
- Transportation systems management and operations (TSMO) executives, managers, and practitioners
- Work Zone Management professionals
- Traffic Incident Management professionals
- Transportation Planners and Modelers
- Performance-focused operations personnel
- Traffic Management Center (TMC) managers
- Learn how public agencies are leveraging new crowdsourced data to improve operations, safety, and planning.
- Learn about new resources and support available through the FHWA EDC-6 Crowdsourcing innovation to help agencies derive even greater safety, reliability, and cost-savings benefits from crowdsourced data.
John Peñuelas, Jr., is Senior Director of Engineering for Streets and Highways for the Regional Transportation Commission of Southern Nevada (RTC). Prior to joining the RTC in 2015, John’s 25-year career included working as a survey technician for the Nevada DOT, as a traffic engineering technician for Clark County Public Works, and as a project engineer and traffic manager for the City of Henderson.
Brandon Long is the Director of Public Sector and Smart City Innovation at Nexar. He leads Nexar’s vision of delivering its images and AI detections to cities, DOTs, and more. Prior to Nexar, Brandon held various business development roles, including a Mobility-as-a-Service and fare collection role at Cubic Systems. He holds an MBA from the UCLA Anderson School of Management.
Dr. Wang Zhang is transportation data program manager at Maricopa Association of Governments (MAG). He received his Ph.D. in civil engineering from Virginia Tech in 2006. For the last fifteen years at MAG, his work involves transportation data collection and processing, and applying data analytics and visualizations to system analysis, transportation modeling, and planning studies.
Andrew Wollet - A well tenured employee of Wejo, Andrew works closely with the Commercial and Technical team to bridge the gap between client needs and data capabilities. Having a strong sales background, Andrew is able to identify and fulfil a variety of use cases for Wejo’s end customers and pushes the boundaries of what is possible with Connected Vehicle Data.
Gareth Evans is the Vice President of Sales at Wejo. Prior to joining Wejo in 2019, Gareth served as a client manager with the data and research consultancy, CGA. He hold a Masters Degree from the University of Chester, UK.