Crowdsourcing turns transportation system users into real-time sensors on system performance, providing low-cost, high-quality data on traffic operations, roadway conditions, travel patterns, and more. This webinar highlights how agencies verify crowdsourced data quality and other characteristics for real-time and archived uses.
Elyse Morgan, Traffic Operations Center Manager with Illinois Tollway, and Jeffrey Hochmuth, Traffic Consultant with CDM Smith, will share findings from a recent assessment of data from Verizon, HERE, and INRIX across multiple factors such as ease of data integration, uptime, and data quality.
Zach Vander Laan, Faculty Research Assistant at the University of Maryland and the Data Validation lead for the I-95 Corridor Coalition Vehicle Probe Project (VPP), will highlight findings from a recent study on how probe data quality has changed over time on arterial roadways. The VPP has been evaluating probe data feeds since the year 2008 for their Coalition member agencies.
Jason Dicembre, Division Chief for TMC Operations at Maryland State Highway Administration, and Benjamin Pecheux, Director of Information Research at AEM Corporation and Consultant Support for the FHWA EDC-5 Crowdsourcing for Operations Program, will highlight finding from an ongoing assessment of Waze and TMC data as well as a proof-of-concept analytics platform for near real-time data verification.
James Colyar, FHWA EDC-5 Crowdsourcing for Operations Program Co-Lead and the FHWA Office of Operations.
Vaishali Shah, Senior Program Director for Transportation Systems at AEM Corporation.
- Transportation systems management and operations (TSMO) executives
- Performance focused Operations Personnel
- Understand how agencies verify the quality, timeliness, and reliability of crowdsourced data and make decisions to invest and use this data for freeway and arterial operations.
- Learn how agencies are using free and vehicle probe crowdsourced data to improve situational awareness and shift towards active system management.
Operations Area of Practice
- Data Acquisition, Support and Hosting