On September 27th - 28th, 2018 the National Operations Center of Excellence hosted the Freight & TSMO peer exchange in Memphis, Tennessee. The purpose of the peer exchange was to facilitate the knowledge transfer between TSMO and freight practitioners of transportation public agencies, private agencies, and other stakeholder groups.
The overall theme for this event was focused on how Transportation Systems Management and Operations (TSMO) strategies can support more efficient freight planning and operations. The peer exchange covered the following topics with several presentations in each topic area (See Agenda):
- Topic 1 - Truck Parking (I-95 Coalition, Arizona DOT, South Dakota DOT, Florida DOT, and Oregon DOT)
- Topic 2 - Freight and Traffic Incident Management (Tennessee DOT, Washington DOT, Port of Long Beach, and Oregon DOT)
- Roundtable Discussion: Freight Inter-Agency and Stakeholder Coordination
- Roundtable Discussion: Freight Gaps & Issues in Your Agency
- Break Out Group Discussion: Freight-TSMO Gaps, Issues, and Opportunities in Your Agency (Day 2)
For additional Supplementary Resources for 2018 Freight & TSMO Peer Exchange, view this page.
- Best Practice