The Colorado Department of Transportation (CDOT) received five awards from the 2016 Engineering News-Records Mountain States Best Project competition for various transportation projects.
Mountain States Best Project awards are judged based on design and construction quality, contribution to the community and the industry, and how a project overcame unusual challenges through teamwork and collaboration.
Awards that CDOT received include:
- Best Highway/Bridge Project- CDOT Twin Tunnels Expansion Program
- Award of Merit Highway/Bridge- CDOT US 6 Bridges Design-Build
- Award of Merit Highway/Bridge- US 36 Express Lanes
- Best Project and Excellence in Safety Award of Merit- Eisenhower/Johnson Memorial Tunnels Fixed Fire-Suppression System
- Best Project- SH 133 Paonia Reservoir Rockfall Mitigation
“It’s an honor to be recognized for several different projects that work to improve the safety of motorists in Colorado,” said Shailen Bhatt, CDOT executive director. “CDOT thanks all those who teamed up with us to deliver the best transportation solutions that promote efficiency and excellence.” Please click here to read more.