The following project elements are part of the SFpark program.
- Sensors in on-street parking and City-owned garages track when and where parking is available
- Parking data is made available to the public via SFpark.org, smartphone applications, and 511.
- Adjust meter and garage pricing up and down to match parking demand
- Longer time limits at parking meters
- Garage facility upgrades to make them more convenient
- The goal of the pricing adjustments is to have at least one parking space on every block
- New meters are provided to make it easier to pay with a variety of methods
Operations Area of Practice
- Active Parking Management
Organizational Capability Element
- Active Traffic Management/Travel Demand Management/Pricing
- Case Studies & Lessons Learned
- SHRP2 Program
- Available Tools