- The Regional Transportation Commission (RTC) formed FAST to manage the Southern Nevada transportation network.
- FAST is an integrated ITS organization with involvement from all local jurisdictional partners.
- Responsible for both the regional freeway and arterial network.
- FAST monitors traffic through extensive video imaging, CCTV, and inductive loop detection.
- FAST controls traffic through signal systems, ramp meters, DMS and lane use control signs.
Operations Area of Practice
- Interagency Agreements / Cooperation / MOUs
Organizational Capability Element
- Organizational Structure/Staffing
- Case Studies & Lessons Learned
- SHRP2 Program
Maturity Level of Program
- Assessment (L1)
- Deployment (L3)
- Development (L2)
- Available Tools
RTCSNV FAST.pdf (239.03 KB)