Start Date: May 03, 2018 at 2:00 pm EDT | End: May 03, 2018 at 3:00 pm EDT
Register today to learn about communications strategies to increase awareness around the importance of operations and technology.
As the transportation system rapidly evolves, new communications tools and methods are essential to keeping the general public informed. Additionally, strategic communications can be a key driver to secure new improvements to the transportation system, including adopting new technologies and generating enthusiasm around new funding opportunities.
In a follow-up from the 2017 NOCoE Peer Exchange on Communicating the Future of Transportation, this webinar will feature two states who've been successful in advancing their TSMO and technology efforts utilizing strategic communications. Whether its communicating daily congestion and system performance, the deployment of new traffic management technologies, or enabling new funding opportunities, transportation agencies rely on effective communications to serve their customer, the traveling public.
- Gain knowledge on successful communications campaigns around operations, technology, and funding
- Analyze effective communications tools and how you might adapt them for your needs
- Understand how the traveling public receives information from transportation agencies
- Fay Fleming, Director of Communications, Missouri DOT
- Jeff Cranson, Director of Communications, Michigan DOT
- Adam Hopps, National Operations Center of Excellence
Target Audience: • TSMO professionals looking to use external communications to communicate specific changes to their transportation system. • Transportation agencies in need of expanded communications efforts and looking for ideas on where to start • Communications professional seeking proven methods for reaching the traveling public • Transportation professional looking to understand the key role communications plays in operating the transportation system
Event Type: Webinar